Sunday 7 May 2017

Evaluation Question 4


 
After looking at all the types of technology that I have used during my project, I think that all the software that I have used has had a greater impact than the hardware that I have used. I think that this is primarily due to the fact that the majority of my project this year was done on a computer (with the exception of any filming that I have done). This amount of work has lead me to come up with new and interesting ways to present information in a digital form, which is why I used a large variety of software. The main piece of software that I have used throughout this project is undoubtedly YouTube. I have used this piece of software to learn about film making and have distributed many of my own findings on this platform. I was familiar with this site prior to my year 13 project, but I was not aware of the sites capabilities like having it's own selection of royalty free music, which I have used many times. This is good, as it shows that for many pieces of software there are elements to them I can expand my knowledge upon and improve future films. For the construction of the film the piece of technology that I used most often was the Nikon D3300. This piece of technology vastly improved my film and was much greater than the camera device that I used for my year 12 project (iPhone 5). I was able to not only film great shots with brilliant picture quality, but this device also allowed me to add on attachments such as a tripod and a hand held stabilizer. This was very useful because I was able to create many steady shots that added to the overall professionalism of the final film. For the evaluation of my film I think the most useful piece of technology that I used was Google Forms. With this software I was able to create many questionnaires that I could easily distribute via the internet and get immediate responses once they had completed the questionnaires. The software also has a built in feature that automatically creates bar charts, pie charts and much more. This is very convenient because rather than sifting through all the raw data, I was able to look at the charts provided for me and conduct a quick analysis of the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment