Sunday 7 May 2017

Final Film Poster


After various attempts at creating my poster, I am really pleased with the final result. I feel that this clearly represents the story of my short film, which is a comedy in a nature setting. I made sure to include elements from previous documents to show that my research had an impact on my final poster. For example, I added the age rating of my film in the bottom left corner. Despite the fact that this brakes away from the codes and conventions of a movie poster, as not many include the age rating, I decided to do this because when I sent out my first draft of the film to a select group of people some of them decided to show it to their children prior to watching it themselves. They were not aware of the age rating and didn't know the film contain some strong language. As the distributor of the film it is my responsibility to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I noticed that I had not included this age rating anywhere else in my advertisement campaign. So I decided to include it in my poster. 

The background images consist of a photo taken during my location recce of Burrator Reservoir and a royalty free picture of a cloudy sky that I picked from the internet. The photo that I took during my location recce originally had a bright blue sky, which then added a lot of warmth to the image. I felt this wasn't appropriate for the message that I wanted to portray in my poster. So I replaced the sky with the image I found on the internet. Then I slightly decreased the saturation and brightness of Burrator Reservoir to match the sky. This then represented the mood of the character, which is that he is unhappy. This was a technique that used throughout my film, which was that the saturation level resembled the characters emotions. In the top right corner I have included a watermark from Happy Madison Productions. This relates back to my institutional research where I talked about the reasons why I chose that company to produce my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment