Sunday 7 May 2017

Final Radio Advert


I am very pleased with how the final edit for this advertisement came out. This is because I think that all my planning, which included researching other examples of comedy film radio adverts, writing a script and seeing who would best play the characters, was very extensive. I have also included a copy of the script below if anyone reading this blog has issues with their hearing and would like to follow along to the advertisement. I feel that my radio advert sets up the premise of the film by establishing a teenage boy has gone missing. This is good because it doesn't let the listener know when this conversation would occur in the film, as in is she reporting her son being missing immediately after seeing him in his room or could it be during the night where he could have gotten into hilarious trouble. It's questions like these that raise the listeners excitement because they want to know the answers. During the recording of my radio advert I made sure to get my actors to do multiple takes and in various ways. For example, I asked the voice actor for the policeman to act like he was nervous and then to act like he was confident. I was unsure on whether the character should be confident or not because I did not know which one would be funnier to listen to. In the end I decided to use the clips that made him sound slightly nervous, but then resulting in him being fine thinking that David (the lead character) would return at some point or another and he wouldn't have to worry. I chose these clips because they when comparing the two tracks the slightly nervous one was funnier than the serious. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment